Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update for Zenfone Zoom – After the ZenFone Max and a couple of variants of the ZenFone 2, ASUS is now starting to roll out Android 6.0 Marshmallow to the ZenFone Zoom (ZX551KL). he update is an Official build which rolled out in phase wise manner. The Marshmallow upgrade for Asus ZenFone Zoom is rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) that pushed out on July 2016.
Not only does the software update bring the smartphone from Lollipop to Marshmallow, but the ASUS ZenFone Zoom ZX551KL also bring in several features like Doze, Now on Tap, Google Calender, Google Messenger, Dr. Boot, Runtime Permissions and Google Now on Tap to the device. And will be remove ASUS Messenger, ASUS Mail, ASUS Calendar, Google Setting, and Google+.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update for ZenFone Zoom
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, suggest to back up data and relocate media file (pictures & video clip) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- Omlet Chat
- Data Transfer
- Photo Frame
- ASUS Backup
- Dr. Safety
- What’s Next
- Party Link
- Remote Link
- PC Link
- Yahoo Shopping
- EZ Ding
- Puffin Browser
- Google settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings)
Add new features and new apps
- Google Calendar
- Google Messenger
- Dr. Booster
- ASUS Email
- ASUS Calendar
- ASUS Messaging will no longer be pre-loaded in this version. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar & Google Messenger provides corresponding services
Please backup your SDcard data before upgrade to Marshmallow with following steps:
- Connect your ZenFone and computer with USB cable
- Enter your ZenFone storage via computer
- Select all data and copy it. Paste all your SD card data to your computer
Steps of Update:
- Check software version of your device**
- Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
- Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
- Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
- Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
How to update the firmware on Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML and ZE551ML
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow for ZenFone Zoom
Version WW_18.104.22.168 (ZX551ML)
|File Size||1.14 GB Full Firmware|
|Download from||Full Firmware|