Marshmallow Update for ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL and ZE550KL
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser Marshmallow Upgrade – Asus Zenfone 2 Laser Marshmallow Upgrade – ASUS has finally pushed out the Marshmallow update for the ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL with the firmware version 220.127.116.11 and 21.40.1220.1615 for ZenFone 2 Laser ZE550KL. The Android Marshmallow software update for the ZenFone 2 Laser is an over-the-air one and was pushed out by ASUS on May 11.
Not only does the software update bring the Asus smartphone from Lollipop to Marshmallow, but the ZenFone 2 Laser with model number ZE500KL and ZE550KL also benefits from the fact that the bloatware on the smartphone gets removed. Basically, over a dozen apps will not be pre-loaded on the ZenFone 2 Laser once users have updated their handset to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
Before your ZenFone 2 Laser upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow make sure backup your data and update to the latest Lollipop firmware and you can flash it via ADB sideload.
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, suggest to back up data and relocate media file (pictures & video clip) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- Data Transfer
- Photo Frame
- ASUS Backup
- Dr. Safety
- What’s Next
- Party Link
- Remote Link
- PC Link
- Yahoo Shopping
- EZ Ding
- Puffin Browser
- Google settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings)
Add new features and new apps
- Google Calendar
- Google Messenger
- Dr. Booster
- ASUS Emai
- ASUS Calendar
- ASUS Messaging will no longer be pre-loaded in this version. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar & Google Messenger provides corresponding services
Please backup your SDcard data before upgrade to Marshmallow with following steps:
- Connect your ZenFone and computer with USB cable
- Enter your ZenFone storage via computer
- Select all data and copy it. Paste all your SD card data to your computer
Steps of Update:
- Check software version of your device**
- Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
- Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
- Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
- Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
How to update the firmware on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE500KL and ZE550KL)
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow for ZenFone 2 Laser
Version WW_18.104.22.168 (ZE500KL/Z00E)
|File Size||1.05 GB FOTA
1.45 GB Full Firmware
Version WW_21.40.1220.1615 (ZE550KL/Z00L)
|File Size||1.45 GB Full Firmware|
|Download from||Full Firmware|