CyanogenMod 13 for Asus Zenfone 5 – Asus Zenfone 5 will not upgrade-able to Android 6.0 Marshmallow update plan, but there are a lot of developer out there still try to support this device. A couple days ago dgadelha, senior member of XDA forums create an experimental build CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Asus Zenfone 5. This ROM is experimental build so there are several bugs, but it’s a huge step for Zenfone 5 development. The original thread is forum.xda-developers.com
CM13 for ZenFone 5 is not an official release, but this ROM is based on CyanogenMod 13 released by CyanogenMod team few months ago. At this time Asus Zenfone Blog will are sharing CM13 custom ROM for Zenfone 5 (T00F/T00J) to you.
Yet we don’t recommend to use this as your daily driver as it is in its alpha stage with several bugs and maybe cause random problems but it’s a huge steps to further development. But if you want to try CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM on your Zenfone 5 (T00F/T00J) then we will be providing a full guide on How to Install CM13 on Zenfone 5 below.
- ADB Installer (Download HERE)
- CyanogenMod 13 For ZenFone 5 ROM (Download HERE)
- Gapps, choose x86 and android 6.0 (Download HERE)
How to Install CyanogenMod 13 on Asus Zenfone 5
- Download all files needed on the link above.
- Install ADB Installer on your PC/Laptop.
- Your ZenFone 5 must be unlocked bootloader, steps are there for unlocking (Tutorial HERE)
- After unlocking, install TWRP Recovery on your ZenFone 5 (Tutorial HERE)
- Place Gapps.zip in MicroSD.
- In the PC/Laptop create new folder and place systemCM-13.0-20160403-EXPERIMENTAL.img and bootCM-13.0-20160403.img
- Turn off your Zenfone 5, and then go to fastboot mode (Pressing Power + Volume Up button)
- Connect your Zenfone 5 to PC/Laptop using USB cable.
- In the ROM folder, open Windows Command (Pressing Shift + right click then Open Command Here)
- At Command Promt type:
- fastboot flash boot bootCM-13.0-20160403.img (enter)
- fastboot flash system systemCM-13.0-20160403-EXPERIMENTAL.img (enter)
- fastboot erase data (enter)
- fastboot erase cache (enter)
- Once it finished, Open device in recovery mode by type: adb reboot recovery.
- Select install zip and browse the Gapps.zip file that you copied and flash it.
- Once it flashed, you should format (NOT WIPE) and cache data in TWRP.
- Restart the device and enjoy CyanogenMod 13 on your Zenfone 5.