[ROM] Echoe Zen ROM for Asus Zenfone 2
Echoe Zen ROM for Asus Zenfone 2 is one of the most popular Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROMs for the Asus ZenFone 2 currently. The Echoe Zen ROM for Asus ZenFone 2 has been developed by friedrich420 at EchoeROM website, and it is based on Official Asus Zenfone 2 firmware V18.104.22.168. What I like the most in Echoe Custom ROM that it gives you full customization with access to the Echoe Kitchen for OTA mods, tweaks, apps and themes.
It is full of different features like 3Minit Battery, Center Clock, Potato Gradient Mod, and much more. Please have a look at the features of Echoe Custom ROM and then we will move forward to “How to Flash Echoe Zen ROM on Asus Zenfone 2”
- This ROM is based on the newest Official Asus Android 5.0 firmware: 22.214.171.124
- Fully deodexed rom
- Xposed ready
- Pre- rooted with SuperSU v2.52
- Stericson busybox 1.24.1
- Modded SystemUI with the following options:
- 3Minit Battery
- Center Clock
- Potato Gradient Mod (please use the app “Gradient” to control the colors and transparency of your status bar)
- Enabled the amazing Net Traffic Meter Mod (go to settings/ display and its the last option)
- Unlocked more options in the volume panel (i.e. media volume bluetooth volume, etc)
- Re- added the sound/volume bar back to the Power Menu
- Modded Settings with the “Echoe Customization Center’ for quick access to useful tools
- Removed the ANNOYING“External Storage Inserted” message you get on every reboot
- Moderately Debloated (there’s a LOT of crapps in this system)
- Lots of fixes to the stock base (i.e. writing to external card, etc)
- Faster GPS
- CPU Spy
- Simple Reboot
- Speed and Battery tweaks
How to Flash Echoe Zen ROM in ZenFone 2
- Intel USB Drivers for Android (Download HERE)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Download HERE)
- And some more, which will be mentioned below
- Your ZenFone 2 must be unlock bootloader, steps are there for unlocking (Tutorial HERE)
- After unlocking, install TWRP Recovery on your ZenFone 2 (Tutorial HERE)
- Download Echoe Zen ROM (Download HERE)
- After downloading both zip, place both EchoeZen_v1_126.96.36.199_08Jan16.zip in your MicroSD
- Now power off, Once it is off, hold down the volume up button and hold on to the power button until the phone vibrates. After the vibration stops, release the power button and continue pressing the volume up button until the green Android robot appears. You should see a blue line below saying “Waiting Fastboot command”, Now here click vol down till you see Recovery mode in top big rectangle box, click power button
- It will enter TWRP, first take the backup of ur current OS (tick everything), so you can restore if u want to use stock at some point (even the apps will be there, but if you kept the obb, data in internal, it will be wiped,so better copy android folder to PC)
- Now click wipe,click advanced wipe, select everything except the microsd (be careful), if you want to keep the internal files, then untick internal storage also.
- Click the install, choose externalSD, search for those zip, and install EchoeZen_v1_188.8.131.52_08Jan16.zip and then reboot your ZenFone 2.
- Enjoy the Echoe Zen ROM in ZenFone 2.
Thus enough of Euphoria-OS 1.1 Custom ROM for Zenfone 2 from ours, I hope this tutorial can be useful to you. Thanks you are visiting Asus Zenfone Blog and wait another useful tutorial like Echoe Zen ROM for ZenFone 2.