Euphoria-OS 1.1 custom ROM is one of the most popular Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROMs for the Asus ZenFone 2 currently. The Euphoria OS 1.1 custom ROM for Asus ZenFone 2 has been developed by senior XDA member yeshwanthvshenoy (all creadit to him). It is an AOSP based custom ROM and comes with a wide variety of interesting features that make it a great alternative to the stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware for the Asus ZenFone 2 (Z00A).
The Euphoria-OS 1.1 ROM is unencrypted and comes with a variety of themes. Other major highlights of the ROM are customizable Quick Settings, Delta updates, disabled tether checking, IME selector notification control, advanced reboot, Adb notification control, Adb over network, CPU info overlay, status bar brightness control, Superuser built into privacy guard, battery icon options, option to disable lock screen carrier label, Slim heads up options, USB OTG support, cLock widget, notification weather panel, Dialer reverse number lookup, HSPA+ incons, status bar clock and date customizations, AudioFX, expanded volume panel, keyboard cursor control, speed dial, USB FastCharge, and a lot more. Even though the custom ROM is currently in beta, most of the functions do work quite well and there are no major bugs.
The Install Euphoria-OS 1.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 follows standard flashing procedure, and you can find out how to get there in our post. It’s as straightforward as you would expect, and with the simplified tools provided, unlocking the phone and installing a custom recovery shouldn’t take you long.
Guide to Flash Euphoria-OS 1.1 in ZenFone 2
- Intel USB Drivers for Android (Download HERE)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Download HERE)
- And some more, which will be mentioned below
- Your ZenFone 2 must be unlock bootloader, steps are there for unlocking (Tutorial HERE)
- After unlocking, install TWRP Recovery on your ZenFone 2 (Tutorial HERE)
- Download Euphoria-OS 1.1 latest version (Download HERE)
(Note: see the date of the build to know the latest version)
- Download the Gapps (Download HERE)
- After downloading both zip, place both Euphoria-OS-1.1-Z00A-UNOFFICIAL-20150827.zip and Gapps.zip in your MicroSD
- Now power off, Once it is off, hold down the volume up button and hold on to the power button until the phone vibrates. After the vibration stops, release the power button and continue pressing the volume up button until the green Android robot appears. You should see a blue line below saying “Waiting Fastboot command“, Now here click vol down till you see Recovery mode in top big rectangle box, click power button
- It will enter TWRP, first take the backup of ur current OS (tick everything), so you can restore if u want to use stock at some point (even the apps will be there, but if you kept the obb, data in internal, it will be wiped,so better copy android folder to PC)
- Now click wipe,click advanced wipe, select everything except the microsd (be careful), if you want to keep the internal files, then untick internal storage also.
- Click the install, choose externalSD, search for those zip, and install Euphoria-OS-1.1-Z00A-UNOFFICIAL-20150827.zip, then install Gapps.zip and then reboot your ZenFone 2.
- Enjoy the Euphoria-OS 1.1 custom ROM in ZenFone 2.
Thus enough of Euphoria-OS 1.1 Custom ROM for Zenfone 2 from ours, I hope this tutorial can be useful to you. Thanks you are visiting Asus Zenfone Blog and wait another useful tutorial like Euphoria-OS 1.1 for ZenFone 2.