SlimLP 5.1.1 Lollipop is one of the Custom ROM for Zenfone 2 are quite popular at this time which increases the use of the device itself. This custom ROM is based on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AOSP builds, but you will find tons of other elements from ParanoidAndroid and CyanogenMod custom ROMs. Besides all these you will find tons of other things that were designed by the SlimROMs.
The installation follows standard flashing procedure, and you can find out how to get there in our post. It’s as straightforward as you would expect, and with the simplified tools provided, unlocking the phone and installing a custom recovery shouldn’t take you long.
SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and offers the following original features:
- Slim Dialer
A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. – We’ve got you covered.
- Privacy guard
Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. – Privacy is part of the experience.
- Slim Center [WIP]
Downloads, contact information, system app removal. – More fun than you can shake a stick at.
- System-Wide Keyboard Controls
Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons..etc. – You’ll be tapping away to your heart’s content.
- Custom Shortcuts [WIP]
Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. – Customize it the way you like it.
Guide to Flash SlimLP 5.1.1 Beta in ZenFone 2
- Intel USB Drivers for Android (Download HERE)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Download HERE)
- And some more, which will be mentioned below
- Your ZenFone 2 must be unlock bootloader, steps are there for unlocking (Tutorial HERE)
- After unlocking, install TWRP Recovery on your ZenFone 2 (Tutorial HERE)
- Download SlimLP 5.1.1 Custom ROMs
- for ZenFone 2 Z00A (ZE551ML) (Download HERE)
- Download the Gapps from HERE
- After downloading both zip, place both Slim-Z00A-5.1.1.beta.0.3.zip and Gapps.zip in your MicroSD
- Now power off, Once it is off, hold down the volume up button and hold on to the power button until the phone vibrates. After the vibration stops, release the power button and continue pressing the volume up button until the green Android robot appears. You should see a blue line below saying “Waiting Fastboot command“, Now here click vol down till you see Recovery mode in top big rectangle box, click power button
- It will enter TWRP, first take the backup of ur current OS (tick everything), so you can restore if u want to use stock at some point (even the apps will be there, but if you kept the obb, data in internal, it will be wiped,so better copy android folder to PC)
- Now click wipe,click advanced wipe, select everything except the microsd (be careful), if you want to keep the internal files, then untick internal storage also.
- Click the install, choose externalSD, search for those zip, and install Slim-Z00A-5.1.1.beta.0.3.zip, then install Gapps.zip and then reboot your ZenFone 2.
- Enjoy the SlimLP 5.1.1 custom ROM in ZenFone 2.
Remember that this custom ROM is in its “Beta” stages and you might discover some bugs and errors while testing it. Make sure to install it on a secondary Android device, as it might offer the best Android experience on a daily basis.