[ROM] CyanogenMod 12.1 for ZenFone 5 with Double-Tap Feature
CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and offers an experience similar to that delivered by a Google Nexus phone. And now Zenfone 5 users can enjoy installing CyanogenMod 12.1 that offers better features and is not found in the official firmware.
However, you need to keep in mind that this is an early, unofficial build, so not everything will work perfectly. Still, performance is said to be pretty great and RAM management is also acceptable. In the previous Asus Zenfone Blog has also post CM12.1 Custom ROM for Zenfone 5, but in this post is different from the previous version because this custom ROM already supports double-tap feature.
The installation follows standard flashing procedure, and you can find out how to get there in our posti. It’s as straightforward as you would expect, and with the simplified tools provided, unlocking the phone and installing a custom recovery shouldn’t take you long.
- Double tap to wake
- Video thumb
- Video play
- Video streaming
- Auto brightness
- Rild is now build from source
- Build without breaking domain
- Signal strength for our device -> invalid the LTE we don’t use it
- Fix serial number
- USB OTG
- and ETC
Guide to Flash CyanogenMod 12.1 in ZenFone 5
- Intel USB Driver for Android (Download HERE)
- ADB Tools (Download HERE)
- CyanogenMod 12.1 for Zenfone 5 (Download HERE)
- Your Zenfone 5 must be Unlocked Bootloader (Tutorial HERE)
- Download all the files needed above
- Extract the ADB tools and then extracts also the files cm12.1.zip put it in ADB folder
- Turn off device
- Go to Fastboot mode (Pressing the Power button + Volume up/down, until the android logo)
- Connect Zenfone to PC/Laptop with USB cable
- at ADB folder open CMD (pressing Shift+Right Click > Open command here)
- At command terminal type this:
- Wait until finish and reboot
- Factory reset your device
Thus enough of Custom ROM CM12.1 for Zenfone 5 from ours, I hope this tutorial can be useful to you. Thanks you are visiting Asus Zenfone Blog and wait another useful tutorial like CyanogenMod 12.1 for Zenfone 5 with Double-Tap to Wake.