[ROM] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 (Z00A)
CM12.1 for ZenFone 2 – CyanogenMod 12.1 was reported to come to ZenFone 2, but you don’t have to wait too long to get a taste of it. The ZenFone 2 already has an unofficial version making rounds, and it gives us a glimpse of what’s coming for those who jumped into the purchase despite the phone’s stock software and development complications. Mainly, that this is close to what the ZenFone 2 should have provided off the bat. Before jumpting into that, here you will find the resources you need to make it happen for your device.
The installation follows standard flashing procedure, and you can find out how to get there in our post. It’s as straightforward as you would expect, and with the simplified tools provided, unlocking the phone and installing a custom recovery shouldn’t take you long.
Before we share it to your Custom ROM first we want to say thanks to crpalmer XDA user who has made a ROM CyanogenMod 12.1 for ZenFone 2 and share with us. Immediately following download link and How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 On Zenfone 2, follow the tutorial below properly and do not let anyone missed steps.
- Boot hangs sometimes (mediaserver seems to go crazy)
- Button backlight should be removed
- camera is mostly working except:
- crashes when switching between cameras
- video camera hangs during first boot (?)
- video recording audio volume is too low
- Chrome (beta onlty?) rotating the display to landscape shows a blank screen
- Gapps crashes on first boot (clean install)
- Hardware-backed keystore
- Offmode charging (USB Charge Only Mode): Can’t get out of it
- Selinux enforcing mode
- SIM card not detected on first boot (clean install)
- USB UMS (Mass Storage)
- VP8 codec
Guide to Flash CyanogenMod 12.1 in ZenFone 2
Warning: When you install a CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM on your your ZenFone 2 device, it voids your warranty.
- Intel USB Drivers for Android (Download HERE)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Download HERE)
- And some more, which will be mentioned below
- Your ZenFone 2 must be unlock bootloader, steps are there for unlocking (Tutorial HERE)
- After unlocking, install TWRP Recovery on your ZenFone 2 (Tutorial HERE)
- Download CyanogenMod 12.1 latest version from HERE
(Note: see the date of the build to know the latest version)
- Download the Gapps from HERE
- After downloading both zip, place both CM12.1.zip and Gapps.zip in your MicroSD
- Now power off, Once it is off, hold down the volume up button and hold on to the power button until the phone vibrates. After the vibration stops, release the power button and continue pressing the volume up button until the green Android robot appears. You should see a blue line below saying “Waiting Fastboot command“, Now here click vol down till you see Recovery mode in top big rectangle box, click power button
- It will enter TWRP, first take the backup of ur current OS (tick everything), so you can restore if u want to use stock at some point (even the apps will be there, but if you kept the obb, data in internal, it will be wiped,so better copy android folder to PC)
- Now click wipe,click advanced wipe, select everything except the microsd (be careful), if you want to keep the internal files, then untick internal storage also.
- Click the install, choose externalSD, search for those zip,and install CM12.1.zip, then install Gapps.zip and then reboot your ZenFone 2.
- Enjoy the CyanogenMod 12.1 in ZenFone 2.
Thus enough of CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM for Zenfone 2 from ours, I hope this tutorial can be useful to you. Thanks you are visiting Asus Zenfone Blog and wait another useful tutorial like CyanogenMod 12.1 for Zenfone 2.