How to Flash Asus Zenfone 2 CN/TW to WW Firmware
Asus has officially launched Zenfone 2 in some countries such as France, India, Indonesia, and North America. Asus Zenfone 2 is the latest generation of the series Zenfone who have a high specification and affordable price. Asus Zenfone 2 firmware divided by three regions CN for China, TW for Taiwan and WW for Worldwide/Global. But unfortunately when you buy Zenfone 2 but got the CN version, because you will not get all the Google services like PlayStore, Gmail, Google Drive, and others in your Zenfone 2.
If you also get Zenfone 2 versions of the CN, and figure out how to change Zenfone 2 CN/TW to WW you do not have to wonder anymore because at this time Asus Asus Zenfone Blog will share the how to flash Zenfone 2 CN/TW to WW firmware to you. By changing SKU/Firmware from your original SKU/firmware can make your Zenfone 2 will not able to get OTA firmware, but you can do it Manually.
- Asus Zenfone 2 Recovery Images (Download HERE) ZE550ML=Z008 and ZE551ML=Z00A
- Asus Zenfone 2 Firmware (ZE551ML | ZE550ML)
- Intel USB Driver for Android (Download HERE)
- ADB Driver (Download HERE)
Nb: Choose same recovery and firmware ex: download Z00A 126.96.36.199 and download 188.8.131.52 firmware
Instructions Flash Asus Zenfone 2 CN/TW to WW Firmware
- Download all files above
- Install the Intel USB Driver to your PC
- Open Downloaded ADB then extract it
- Place recovery image file (recovery.img, boot.img, and droidboot.img) to ADB Folder
- Enable USB Debugging (Tutorial HERE)
- Turn off your Zenfone 2
- Go to recovery mode (Tutorial HERE)
- Connect the Zenfone 2 to your PC using a USB cable
- On ADB folder, hold Shift+Right Click and “Open command window here”
- Check the connection by type adb devices (if connection successful will be a list of Zenfone 2 devices).
- In CMD type: adb reboot bootloader (your Zenfone 2 will reboot to bootloader)
- And then type:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (enter) wait until the process is completed.
fastboot flash boot boot.img (enter) wait until the process is completed.
fastboot flash fastboot droidboot.img (enter) wait until the process is completed.
- Reboot your Zenfone 2
- Move the Zenfone 2 firmware to Internal Storage and wait until the notification
- Tap the notification and wait until the process is completed.