Root Asus Zenfone 4.5 A450CG aka gaining administrative rights, opens up opportunities for you to customize your device to a much greater extent than that of an unrooted device. Not only can you use root required apps to change some of the functionality (ability to remove bloatware is up there with one of the big apps that require root), you can even flash a custom recovery to install a custom ROM on your device and change the entire OS, UI, and more.
Guide to Root Asus Zenfone A450CG
- Download the resources above and install Intel Android Driver (Download Here)
- Turn Off your Asus Zenfone 4.5 A450CG
- Go to Droidboot Mode (Hold Power button + Volume up)
- Connnect Asus Zenfone 4.5 A450CG to the PC
- Download Root file “RootZenfone450.zip” (Download Here)
- Unzip RootZenfone450.zip to a folder and open command window (by pressing Shift + Right Click)
- In CMD window Type : fastboot flash update rootzen450.zip
- Wait until OK then reboot.
- After restarting looking SuperUser application, if the application already exists Asus Zenfone A450CG means you have successfully rooted.
Once you have root access on your Asus Zenfone A450CG, you’ll be able to:
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).